Bedtime Thoughts

As I tucked my children in tonight I layed down with Nolan for a few moments. Nolan has 0...not one..nadda snugglies that he takes to bed. Not one..never has. Instead this little guy brings hotwheels, rescue heros, and little people toys to bed. He being my 4th little one is unique in this regard. When I was younger I would dream about what it would be like to have children, and somehow I expected the typical things you get from girls...being a girl myself. I knew I would be kissing dollies and tucking them in with my girls. I expected the many hugs and kisses that come with girls...and the long talks...but I never expected half of the things I get with my dear son. So tonight as I lay there with him he offered to share a hotwheel with me. I closed my eyes and listened to him whisper in the cutest little 2 year old voice a mommy could stand about how our cars were the same but different colors. Who would think he would know anything about the make of a car? But he does. All of a sudden I feel the cold wheels of his car speeding across my face as he made a track out of my face and giggled. And through the giggles he manages to say "I love your face mommy." " I love your face too dear Nolan! And his irresistible charm that keeps me laughing through the day!

0 comments:

Blogs that speak to me

Followers


Template Brought by :

blogger templates