Little By Little is birthed

Is God ever faithful! In my hands the blog would have stayed Test for who knows how long, but as I read a devotional book I was definitely inspired! Okay, I have to confess. I am a recycler. I have very few unique ideas but I love to borrow things from those that do. So, as I read the a devotional by Joyce Meyers entitled Little by Little I decided I would borrow this. The scripture she brings us to is
Deuteronomy 7:22 "And the Lord your God will clear out those nations before you, little by little; you may not consume them quickly, lest the beasts of the field increase among you."

And then she states "Recently I thought about my life from the time I seriously began to follow Jesus Christ to the present. Had I known then ---at the beginning of the journey--all the things God would take me through I would probably have been afraid to sign up for the trip. As I look back, however, I realize that God held my hand and let me advance in small steps. I had times of great discouragement---as we all do. I remember times of bitter tears over personal failures. But God kept nudging me forward. That's the secret of living the victorious Christian life-- we move ahead little by little. It's an inching forward over months and years....We don't roust Satan in one big blow and then live in victory forever after. We win one small battle, and then we're ready to move on to the next one." excerpt from Battlefield of the Mind

I would love to continue on but I fear I might bore you and you shall never return... just know this as I seek to renew and transform myself to be more like Christ ..."Little By Little" is a wonderful expression of this. A sculptor does not create a masterpiece with one fell swoop of a hammer; it is a slow chipping away of the things that are unneeded. It is my desire to allow our Lord to chip away the unneeded and the end result to be an image more like Christ. It is a perfect title in my childrens livesas well. Thankfully children are not grown in a single step but each day is compiled with the day before. So I hope to provide a visual journal of this to share with loved ones that are not near to experience this....it may also act as an external hard drive for my brain that remembers so little these days:)
And so I present to you "Little by Little"

0 comments:

Blogs that speak to me

Followers


Template Brought by :

blogger templates